Market Leader - This is the thought leadership article that sets the tone for the overall issue. Covering an important topic of the day, it provides a ready reckoner of important trends and developments that will have an impact on investment strategies in the upcoming quarter.
Profiles - Every issue FTSE Global Markets profiles companies, financial institutions and individuals making the news. To date Berlinguer has profiled:
- People: Jamie Dimon, Carl Icahn, Kirk Kerkorian, Richard Nesbitt, Baudouin Prot, Chuck Schwab, Susan Sabanci Dincer, Severin Cabannes, Larry Fink, JoVelli.
- Companies: Alcatel, Airbus, Bombardier, British Telecom, Cemex, Ericsson, Eurotunnel, GAZPROM, Hilton Hotels, KB Homes, Lenovo, Molson Coors, Napster, Northrup Grumman, Rusal, Sears Holding, Starbucks, Terex, Turkcell, Walmart.
- Financial: Agricultural Bank of China, Akbank, AmSouth, Aon, Aton Capital, Barclays Capital, BBH, BNP Paribas, BNY Mellon, Caceis, China Construction Bank, Clearstream, CME, Commerce Bancorp, Convergex, DTCC, Euroclear, Freddie Mac, Friedman Billings Ramsey, MICEX, Morgan Stanley, Northern Trust, NYMEX, JP Morgan, Saxo Bank, Société Générale, State Street, TSX, TXU, and Wachovia.
- Funds: ABP, AP3, BlackRock, CalPERS, Candover, FRR, Landmark and PRIM.
- Index Review - This popular column provides key insights into the drivers behind the performance of the world's leading indices, providing a reality check on the key events influencing global index investment.
Sector Reports - Each edition features those issues and driving forces shaping industry. We regularly focus on automotives, finances, food & drink, pharmaceuticals and telecommunications.
Commodity Report - Demand for commodities is running high and the magazine regularly covers key commodity sectors: be it mineral or agriculture based.
Alternative Investments - The magazine regularly features a series of comprehensive articles on the alternative investment market with profiles of hedge funds, strategy reviews and reports on essential services such as alternative fund administration, prime broking and securities finance.
Securities Services - Key products and developments in the securities services sector are covered regularly, including global and sub-custody, fund administration, outsourcing, securities lending, clearing and settlement, technology, collateral management, and stock exchanges.
Trading Report - Every issue examines different aspects of the trading landscape from venues and market fragmentation to research and electronic trading. This section has become a must read for the trading fraternity on both the buy and sell side.
Other Regular Features - Other topics regularly covered in the magazine include: covered bonds, real estate, depositary receipts, equities, transition management, derivatives, IPOs, options, exchange traded funds, asset allocation strategies, transaction banking and private banking.